Sunday, December 30, 2012

Holiday Party 2012

So it's been a few days since the party, and I've been battling with the photo department at my local drug store, which shall remain nameless. Before I talk about the picture dilemma, let me say a word or two about the party itself. My honey and I got all dressed up for the first time in a long time. It felt nice. We drove out to where his job is, which is actually a really beautiful residential "town"... the residents have game rooms, restaurants, an enormous outside pool, a fully stacked gym and so many other recreational features I wish my apartment complex had. Once we made it to the x's floor, pretty high up, the city looked amazing from the balcony and walkway with the pool and entryway overlooking the lake.

The city of Aventura was lit up; it was beautiful. Almost felt like I was at prom again, at a fancy hall dance. Anyhow, everyone was very pleasant, friendly and inviting. It started out with appetizers, then dinner, and finished off with dancing. For some reason I wasn't feeling that dance-y; in fact, it was almost a shyness that came through. I felt really insecure, and I didn't want to be embarrassed. It was one of those situations where the dance floor was empty for the most part, and when the people came out to dance, they were really good! like really good....almost like they were professional dancers. I was impressed. I can't dance next to that! No, no, no. I don't know if anyone's been in this situation where you are being pressured into dancing, when you really don't want to. Well, yes, it was like that. Ah, overall, it was a really good night, and the candlelight made it feel so special.

The best part of it was spending time with Maikol, and being able to have real grown-up time alone to eat dinner and to walk around the beautiful property. With that said, we took lots of pictures, which I've had a great deal of problems printing. Now it sounds simple: you send it pictures to your local drugstore, pick them up and there, easy peasy. Unfortunately, the place I sent the pictures to either cut the pictures off in a way that cropped parts of heads or feet or anything else, or they drastically changed the coloring of the photos, and they completely mixed up the collage I created on their website. I was so frustrating. I literally had to go back 4 times to the store, to keep getting things reprinted and fixed, and guess what? it's still not done. I gave up on the collage; they could not get it right time after time. I don't know if it's their online photo customization or upload department, or the stores work flow and process..of the computer printing everything as is, without them reviewing the order, or something else, I don't know. All I'm sure of, is that next time, I'm going to process my photo order elsewhere. And this was a very important and memorable event, one that I bought frames for and everything.

I had an amazing time making memories with my honey. Here is my favorite photo of the night :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment