Friday, December 21, 2012

My First Holiday Party...coming tomorrow

Tomorrow evening, I will be joining my fiance, Maikol for a holiday party at his job. Now, I've never been to one per se' so I'm a little nervous. I mean, I'm sure it'll be fine. Maybe some wine and dancing *crossing my fingers, I don't fall over in my heels *ohh which reminds me, here's to hoping the shoes don't kill my feet after wearing them longer than 30 minutes. I asked Maikol if it'll be fancy-shmancy, and he just gave me a look as if I asked him what the meaning of life was. Secretively, I have this Jason Wu dress in the back of my closet. I really want to pull it out and give it a whirl lol no pun intended. I was saving the dress for some special occasion, but today I thought to myself, why? I bought the dress, it's beautiful, it's timeless, and it certainly isn't a "wear me once" type of dress because I don't buy those anyway. What's the point of having this nice piece of clothing just hanging there, taunting you, when you can enjoy wearing it time and time again. Therefore, I have decided to bust out the following dress, which by the way, I hunted down at a Target not local to me at all. I must of called ..I don't know how many stores...and finally, one had a return, and it happened to be my size...oh AND and and, it was on sale because it was a return but there was nothing wrong with it just the tags were missing.


Ah I was so excited, I twirled around in the dressing room like a 5 year old, then wondered if anyone was around to see my feet dancing underneath the dressing stall. I was happy. I'll be wearing this beauty with a pair of sparkly champagne peep toe heels I recently got at DSW. And not to mention, I got them for a whopping, are you ready for this? $5, originally $75 I think. I found them on the clearance rack for 80% off, and I had a $10 coupon DSW sent me in my email. The shoes were in brand new condition, just missing a box, and they were my size too :) I was like Score! Even the guy at the register had to do a double take. Then he said "wish I could buy shoes for 5 bucks" and smiled :) I'm kind of frugal, in a sense that I love a good deal and I wait for sales/coupons to come my way before I take the plunge.

SO, I'm excited about my night on the town tomorrow with my hubby. We don't really ever have time for the two of us, so this will be quite nice. Here's to Everyone's Holiday Season being amazing, filled with happiness, health, love and success-as one sees fit!

No comments:

Post a Comment